Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dell Laptop is too Hot!!

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop, and recently its been running a little too hot, the underside is even too hot to touch and the palmrest is also constantly warm too.

I ran HWmonitor and the two CPU temperatures are running between 85-95C at idle, and the GPU between 89-90C !!!!

Have updated to the latest BIOS but no difference in the temperatures.

tried calling Dell today, put on hold for 30 mins then got cut off :mad:

any ideas as to what the problem is? anyone experienced similar problems before?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

run the dell diags to ensure that the fan is spinning, also check it yourself. if your system is running too hot that it may get damaged the processor will shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'd agree, looks like a fan fault.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

has to be the fan...

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

the fan is running fine, only its blowing really hot air

ran dell diagnostics, specifically the fan, thermistor, cpu, gpu etc - all ok

spoke with dell tech support for an hour to pinpoint the problem, then got cutoff - means i have to start all over again with someone else. don't you hate it?

could it be something is faulty but not detected in the diagnostics?

Advertisement