Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating image of XP install to make reinstall easier...

Options
  • 01-07-2008 9:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I usually wipe my pc and reinstall every few months to keep my pc in top condition. I have 2 harddrives and the master is partitioned, so no need to backup bar a few small things. It takes me a good few hours to get all my settings and programs back to normal though.

I want to use Norton Ghost or similar to create an image that I can simple flash back to get my pc back to its perfect state.

Anyone know how I can do this?

I just did a reinstall today. Currently my C drive is 8GB with most of what I need installed, few things missing but nothing major. I'd like to create an image store it on a differnt harddrive/partition and be able to easily flash it back whenever needed.

Is this doable?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 82,145 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jmccrohan wrote: »

good link :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Yep!

+1 for the link ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement