Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions!!!

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Howryez Lads and Ladies..

I know some of these questions might already have been asked so sorry in advance...

1.. I have penalty points (for a few little things ;)) will that stop me from being allowed drive squad cars even if im a good driver?

2.. How do they select who will do the advanceded driving courses?

3.. Is there any civilian driving courses I could do to boost my chances?

4.. Im studying to be a Building Surveyor, Iv heard rumours that ill be assigned into a specific speciality because of this qualifacatiion?

5.. Last but not least, how do you join the Traffic Corp??

Thanks in advance..Really appreciate it..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭meathmannn

1.. I have penalty points (for a few little things ) will that stop me from being allowed drive squad cars even if im a good driver?

Good drivers don't get penalty points

2.. How do they select who will do the advanceded driving courses?

You apply, it's mainly done on seniority.

3.. Is there any civilian driving courses I could do to boost my chances?

No.

4.. Im studying to be a Building Surveyor, Iv heard rumours that ill be assigned into a specific speciality because of this qualifacatiion?

Nope.

5.. Last but not least, how do you join the Traffic Corp??

Qualify as a Garda and appply when vacancies come up, have the requirments listed e.g. must have X years service (Varies from place to place), then do an interview showing that you have an interest...i.e. you've enforced traffic legislation.

Advertisement