Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky installation

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

thinking of getting sky plus upstairs but there isn't a phone point. will the installer fit one if i pay more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Don't subscribe myself but from what I've read on this forum, you no longer have to have a phone line as a new subscriber. It seems you pay a little extra to do away with needing a phone line.

However, you still need a phone line if you're going to be taking out a multi-room subscription, i.e. a second or third card mirroring your primary viewing card when used in other boxes.

To answer your question, the installer should install an extra socket if you ask nicely and if you want it. Don't believe installing an additional socket is in line with "standard installation" so expect to have to throw a few Euro the installer's way. It's a trivial thing to do -- I'm sure you'd easily manage it yourself.

Advertisement