Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstall/Reinstall Windows Media Player?

Options
  • 01-07-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I've had problems with WMP since i got my laptop last september, it has never worked properly, currently my library is full of songs that have been moved so they won't play, i can't remove or add any songs to the library.. :confused:

Anywho, i have been using MediaMonkey all along, but it would be nice to be able to use Windows Media Player if i want to, which at the moment i can't. If it was any other product i would just uninstall/reinstall it, but i can't seem to be able to uninstall it...

Any ideas?

(Vista Ultimate btw...)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have you tried rescanning the media folders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

My girlfriend's brother actually had this same problem. He was using Vista basic. I did rescan, before a complete reinstall of WMP - still no joy. It just would not work no matter what I did. Never resolved the issue. I have never had a problem with WMP and I'm on Ultimate myself. His wasn't working from day one, right out of the box. Best of luck with this issue man, seems like a doozie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Search for wmdb files, back them up. Delete them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Sherifu wrote: »
    Search for wmdb files, back them up. Delete them.

That seems to have worked, cheers...

Advertisement