Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Condensation inside focus headlight

Options
  • 01-07-2008 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone familiar or ever encounter this problem? The light itself works ok dip / fullbeam. The rubber trim around the headlight has perished though. I don't want to fork out for a new headlight as it's €128 for a replacement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Try taking it out and putting any exterior grade silicone sealant around the rubber trim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

listermint wrote: »
    Try taking it out and putting any exterior grade silicone sealant around the rubber trim.

Dry out the inside first, otherwise you'll still have moisture in there causing the condensation..
    Sooner the bettrer as it'll destroy the inner surface.. and would fail an NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

bbam wrote: »
    Dry out the inside first, otherwise you'll still have moisture in there causing the condensation..
    Sooner the bettrer as it'll destroy the innse surface.. and would fail an NCT

Opps yeah do dry it out after you take it off the car.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Thanks for the replies guys. Using silicone was already suggested to me, but I'm not going to use it as it's noticeable and cheap imo. I called a main dealer and he just happens to have a set of headlights that where destined for the skip as the mounts (lugs?) where damaged, I am going to check them out tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hal1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys. Using silicone was already suggested to me, but I'm not going to use it as it's noticeable and cheap imo. I called a main dealer and he just happens to have a set of headlights that where destined for the skip as the mounts (lugs?) where damaged, I am going to check them out tomorrow. :)
    The skip is all they are worth, once the lugs / mounts are broken from a headlamp you will never get them alligned correctly, another NCT failure, that’s why your main dealer is dumping them :rolleyes:

Just dry out the original ones and pray that it is not going to rain on the day of your NCT, you will get away with them after that. It will cost you about e20 to have your lights refocused by a garage after you have mess around with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All I wanted off them was the clear plastic and the rubber trim, surely they are detactable?

10984L.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Hal1 wrote: »
    All I wanted off them was the clear plastic and the rubber trim, surely they are detactable?
    Then go sealing them again your back to square 1. Give it a go anyway you can't go wrong if yor getting them for nothing.

Advertisement