Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

headsets on ebaybanned

Options
  • 01-07-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

looks like ebaybanned ever expanding range of intresting airsoft gear is set to expand again with calvary style headsets ,

http://www.airsoftnews.eu/news.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

wonder what they will go for and the quality, as at the moment it hard to fault the 80usd headsets from places like ehobby that you can already get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

which ones pud?

Cavalvy ELITE II U94 PTT Headset OD or somthing like that, i will post some links when i get home ( unable to link some stuff as im useing a proxy at work :( ), i currently own one and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Appreciate that Pudding, curious about them myself, tryed comms with stick in your ear mike boom, turned out to be a disaster! had to play a recent night game without comms and rely on hand signals, which worked fine but close comms would have been so much handier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

• Advertisement

Righty, I have a pair of Cobra MT 725, will the Cavelry fit this radio? its a 2 pin set up, one smaller tha the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Frankly I'd be happy if they hurried the hell up and released the things that they claim they are releasing rather than talking up new stuff. When are the flip-aside mounts gonna be available that have been on the site for the last 2 months as "coming soon"/"available June"? What about the PMags that have been taking up the whole of the front page now for a two weeks but still haven't even hinted at a date.
    I've emailed them about both these things on several occassions and the only response I ever get is "coming soon" followed by that annoying simley.

Personal message to EB: sort out the stuff you're supposed to have and sort out your order dispatch system. THEN start getting new stuff in.

I'm not holding my breath for these to come out.

I just got the flip mount from another site, little bit more expensive but i got it fast.

Mind if I ask where from? I'm rather sick of waiting

airsoftglobal.com

• Advertisement

sold under the bomber name same as boomarms who also have the flip mounts in stock http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7206

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Lads what you recon, throat mic or the head set mentioned above, which one would be better?

i;ve always found head/boom mics to be more reliable you generally need to spend more on a throat mic to get good reliable quality of the item and sound, but that just my pov

Thats a good question.....

It does depend really. I've used dozens of types myself and I've settled on two that suit me. Namely the Cavalry headset and an Iasus throat mic. Generally, people with thicker necks (ie with more muscle and/or fat in around the throat area) tend to have more trouble with throat mics as the vocal vibrations are lost through the body layers. Depending on the radio, this can be compensated for by turning up the sensitivity of the mic, though not all radios have this function.

The boom style mic is a good all-rounder, though some people dislike them due comfort issues or not fitting a loadout (some headsets with earcups won't fit under some helmets like Pro-Tecs). The Cavalry set seems to have found widespread (though I wouldn't say universal) appeal for good quality and comfort while being low profile enough to fit most helmets and hats without issue.
    In high noise or wind environs, as with all boom-mic headsets, they can be a bit of a curse to use but you get used to how to avoid that with some use.

Basically it's a comfort thing more than anything when choosing a headset. My first choice will always be my throat mic because it doesn't impede anything and gives a great, clear signal under any conditions.

Have to agree there i tend to go with the boom mic as my neck is the size of a tree so the throat can be a problem, although it normally comes down to personal preference, if you can find someone to try that might be the best idea.

Thanks you two, have to look further into this cos I'm talking about 2 sets myself and my son. As I said we have a pair of Cobra MT 725's with a 2 pin connection on top of the set so I want to be sure i can get headsets to work with these, or worst case scenario I need to change our comms as well.

Agreed, if you can get the use of one for a game from a friend or teammate then you'll know what suits. I actually started using a throat mic first where I work. Since airport aprons can be noisy places (what with engines the size of Transit vans and all that) I needed a mic that wouldn't take in background noise, hence the throat mic. I've become so comfortable using it, it's become second nature now. I've since used it at gigs and dozens of other environments and found it impeccable.

iceage wrote: »
    Thanks you two, have to look further into this cos I'm talking about 2 sets myself and my son. As I said we have a pair of Cobra MT 725's with a 2 pin connection on top of the set so I want to be sure i can get headsets to work with these, or worst case scenario I need to change our comms as well.

The problem with 2 pin connectors is that it's actually not as simple as just two pins. There's about 8 different combinations they could be wired and spaced. I can tell you straight away that Motorola won't fit. Nor will Iasus or Icom. Beyond that I'm less sure without actually having a wiring diagram of them, but, I think they might be Kenwood/Standard type pinsets.

Starting to realise this Dex, cheers for all the advise, will have to do some further research, as I said i've only just scratched the surface, not enough info to go on. Thanks for the advise, much appreciated. Same goes to you Puding this is what its all about in here!:)

Iceage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Dex what make and model are you using your self, is it worth to buy NT sniper pro are they good? I have Iasus NT2 and it is something wrong with it, cant get good quality conversations, while using the same radio and different mic quality is good.

Advertisement