Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving country

Options
  • 01-07-2008 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I'll be moving from Ireland for 3 years in the near future and debated the idea of selling or renting. Ive decided to sell (less hassel).
    Just wondering, when is the best time to put house in D15 up on the market. Was thinking of mid July?
    Are house prices (in Dublin) still falling?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

House prices pretty much everywhere are still falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭zzap64

It's more than likely going to take quite a while to shift so I hope you aren't planning on leaving within the next few months...

Although I guess you don't really need to be in the country for most of the process since that's what estate agents are for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

you could consider a management company looking after the property....whilst it will reduce your rental income you should be covering the mortgage..etc (unless you bought recently) and you still have bricks and mortar in Ireland. History shows pricing will eventually go up again so if you are in for the long term will have no concerns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭ZiggyStardust

Thanks guys.
    Not moving till next Feb so yes I have a bit of time. I'll see how it goes by putting it on the market.

Advertisement