Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwarding a .ie to a com url

Options
  • 30-06-2008 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,
    Hope this is the right place to put the question up..
    I have done a site with godaddy.com as it was easy to do own site etc. They dont do the .ie domain so registered this with a irish hosting company.
    I have got the .com indexed on 6 sites within 1 week which is great but to get more irish visitors i bought .ie . i forwarded the .ie to the .com

my question is;
    will i appear on google.ie automatically if people search for my company services or because its a acutal forwarding nothing will appear unless they enter the company name?

hope all makes sense, thanks alot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

How are you forwarding? Do you just have a simple forward so when they type in the .ie domain domain, the .com will show up in their browser? (.com address and all)

This way only the .ie address and name will show up in a google search. But if you just change the DNS for the .ie domain to use the same server as the .com address, so the .ie domain serves the actual pages, then all the .ie content will be relevant in a search too.

Is that what you're asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

This is pretty much already solved... A double post by OP.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055325466

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

stevire wrote: »
    This is pretty much already solved... A double post by OP.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055325466

Didn't see that one, Cheers for pointing it out.

Advertisement