Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liscorie Crosslanes - Drogheda

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

am a FTB looking to buy in Liscorie Crosslanes - Drogheda, currently live in Dublin but fed up paying rent and think its a buyers market out there... not sure though of this area, does Drogheda have no go zones, i'll appreciate it if any1 outthere is planning to buy there too or has info on this area and its surroundings:confused:..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Like everywhere Drogheda has "good" and "not as good" areas.

With so many new estates having been built in Drogheda over the last few years I have no idea where this one is though. Is it off the North Road near the Hospital and near Moneymore ?

I assume you have satisfied yourself on the quality of build, amenities, access to transport, shops, green spaces issues and lettability in case you want to rent a room.

Suggest you talk to local Garda station about area and any "issues" that you should be aware of

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 zeroeight7

RoryW wrote: »
    Like everywhere Drogheda has "good" and "not as good" areas.

With so many new estates having been built in Drogheda over the last few years I have no idea where this one is though. Is it off the North Road near the Hospital and near Moneymore ?

I assume you have satisfied yourself on the quality of build, amenities, access to transport, shops, green spaces issues and lettability in case you want to rent a room.

Suggest you talk to local Garda station about area and any "issues" that you should be aware of

Good luck !

Yes its just off the North Road,(between the hospital and North road) the build's Ok with a big attic readily laid out. Rose hall, which is also new and going for 335k 3bd semi d, is just before liscorie(3bd semi 284k, smaller sq ft) I like it and would want to buy there, should I be worry about Moneymore???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

If you are fed up paying rent wait till you have to pay a mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

i don't think you should be worrying about moneymore. you are far enough away from it. but bear in mind that there is planning permission in place to redevelop united park - retail & apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

zeroeight7 wrote: »
    Yes its just off the North Road,(between the hospital and North road) the build's Ok with a big attic readily laid out. Rose hall, which is also new and going for 335k 3bd semi d, is just before liscorie(3bd semi 284k, smaller sq ft) I like it and would want to buy there, should I be worry about Moneymore???:confused:

I'll sell you a 3bed 1,100 sq foot place in Meakstown (less than 5 miles from Dublin City Centre) in a beautiful new estate for 315k!

• Advertisement
Advertisement