Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth like razors

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Anybody know if it's possible to get your teeth filed down?? My lower canine teeth are like razors, they're so sharp they keep piercing my lip causing mouth ulcers, they're even sharp to the touch. Anybody know of a way to make them more blunt??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

yeah it's only a 2 minute job to smoothen the edges of teeth like that.

the more serious question is why they are becoming sharp like that in the first place?
    most likely it's from you grinding at night, once you've worn the canines down, then the load from grinding gets transferred to teeth not so well designed to take grinding forces.
    thats when things can get tricky to fix and keep fixing.

you should discuss the options for protecting your teeth with your dentist.
    Bryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭petergfiffin

To be honest I do reckon it's down to grinding....I bite my nails too (although nearly managed to stop) so maybe that doesn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

at some stage this person could have made the decision to do something simple to avoid his situation coming to this.

you may never end up like this but you should look into your options and avoid any habits,like nail biting, that damage your teeth
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dreamr

that picture scares me...

im going to go brush my teeth now, and put something inbetween them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭petergfiffin

I think I'll get a gumshield for night time!!! Definitely time to go to dentist!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement