Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 Rock - new(ish) sitcom

Options
  • 30-06-2008 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I advise all those fans of...

The Larry Sanders Show
    Curb Y.E.
    Seinfeld

...to watch/sky plus this new(ish) show called 30 rock.

It's written by the same writer (Tina Fey) as Mean Girls (surprisingly good chick flick)

You can see some spoilers here www.nbc.com/30rock.

alec baldwin steals every scene :D

It's on TV3 on Fridays at 10pm.

You can buy the region 2 DVD of season 1 on play.com for around €40....region 1 with commentaries is available via amazon for around the same price.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I heartily endorse this product ;)

Only seen about 15 episodes, but just love it so far. But dont mention Mean Girls, its nothing like it. One is an over indulgent, chick flick/Lindsey Lohan vehicle and the other one... isnt.

If that isnt enough to watch it, then there is the humour too... yes, its quite funny and Alec Baldwin is excellent in it. If I didnt know better, I'd almost think the guy could act :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,473 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I love this show... Tina Fey is great, and as said Alec Baldwin steals the entire show...

Very very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

^ What he said.

Tina Fey is fantastic, but Baldwin absolutely steals the show.
    Special mention for Kenneth - the third best character. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye its an azming show strike kinda messed around with season 2 but it is just so funny and ye alec baldrin is the best charactor in it. and ye agree with mr 3 on the 3 best charactors although i love some of the hats lutz (?) wears

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I would pwn tina fey.

and the secretary.

great show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Its been my new fav show since it started. Alec Baldwin is fantastic as Jack but my fav character has to be Kenneth.
    Great show - wasn't sure if season 2 would live up to the level of season 1 but i was thankfully proven wrong.
    Tina Fey = Legend (baby moma funny movie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was told to watch this about a month ago and while i didn't like the unaired pilot it grew on me very quickly from there on.

Seen both seasons now and really looking forward to season 3 next Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

Its really helped Baldwins career, brilliant character. Must mention Tracy Jordan as well though, great addition. Season three back in October as far as I know...

I would pwn tina fey.
    Yes i would...

tina_fey_glasses.jpg
    and the secretary.

I concur...

katrina-bowden.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

Ivan wrote: »
    I heartily endorse this product ;)

Only seen about 15 episodes, but just love it so far. But dont mention Mean Girls, its nothing like it. One is an over indulgent, chick flick/Lindsey Lohan vehicle and the other one... isnt.

If that isnt enough to watch it, then there is the humour too... yes, its quite funny and Alec Baldwin is excellent in it. If I didnt know better, I'd almost think the guy could act :p

Well, I don't agree with you over mean girls but Tina has become a very powerful writer/comedian/producer in American TV right now. (I don't understand how she is a sex symbol, but each to his own, I guess:))

The only problem I have with 30 rock is that I don't get all of the American references sometimes - i have to keep looking up everything on wikip. - (I didn't get the moonvest joke at all!) but this just makes it a great show cause you have to work a little harder to enjoy the subtext of the jokes.

What's your fav. line from the show? (a question asked also on boards of imdb but why not here too?;))

My fav. line is:

"Be an American. Call it in"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can't have a lemon party without old Dick.

I can't think of anything off hand, but probably something Kenneth or Donnaghy said...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This show is pretty kickass.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Every show has stand out lines but off the top of my head is the one where Liz is going out with Dennis again
    Liz: Ok very funny you bought a pager from Dennis. Will you take it off now please?
    Jack: Oh, I can't. I'm expecting a call from 1983

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Hope this is as good as it sounds and as good as the opening few lines to Season 1 Episode 1....

I will not link to illegal download sites again. :(

Going to start watching this on TV3 myself now...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Just started to get into this, tis pretty good. The characters are pretty hit and miss, but Alec Baldwin's is definately a hit.

"My mother tried to send me to Vietnam to make a man out of me... I was twelve."

It gets better and better, Pepe.... took me a while to warm to, but I love it now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

(After discussing painting in a gallery)

"Jack, listen if you're still interested there is another piece I'd like to show you, think you might enjoy it. I'll need to take you back to the private office, this piece is very delicate, very few people have handled it."

"Oh god I hope we're talking about the same thing."

hahaha great stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

[Liz enters a room and stands behind Jack]
    Jack: You've been avoiding me, Lemon.
    Liz: How do you do that without turning around?
    Jack: To be perfectly honest, the first couple of people I did that to were not you, but...here we are.

Jack: I'm not a creative type like you, with your work sneakers and left-handedness.

This show is never bad, I'm constantly amused or out right laughing at it. Everyone is great in it but Baldwin is hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Just started to get into this, tis pretty good. The characters are pretty hit and miss, but Alec Baldwin's is definately a hit.

Definitely stick with it - it gets a lot better and the supporting cast starts coming into their own much more. This show feels like a live action version of Family Guy, there's a lot of random crazy stuff in it, but very funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

J-blk wrote: »
    Definitely stick with it - it gets a lot better and the supporting cast starts coming into their own much more. This show feels like a live action version of Family Guy, there's a lot of random crazy stuff in it, but very funny...

+1
    It's a particular style of humour and takes some episodes to tune in to the writer's wavelength. That is time well invested.

Advertisement