Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serenity DVD - €2.99 in HMV

Options
  • 30-06-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure whether to put this in Bargain Alerts or the forum here but I picked up the Serenity DVD for €2.99 in the HMV in the Pavillions in Swords. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

id get it but i have the regular movie 4 times then 2 speicl editions and the HD DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Why so many? Apart from the obvious awesomeness that is Serenity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I want it on BluRay already!!

Skinfull wrote: »
    Why so many? Apart from the obvious awesomeness that is Serenity!

lent my first copy to a mate, wanted to watch it again the following week but my mate was in town so i went down to xtra vision and bought another copy, then i bought the german editon (the germans and the dutch get the best special features) Then i moved house and couldnt find either so again i just bought it. Thats 3 copies

Then i heard that DVD sales of the special edition could help get another movie so i bought the americana and the european special editons and while i was on there saw the regular was only $4.99 so i thought why not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

User45701 wrote: »
    lent my first copy to a mate, wanted to watch it again the following week but my mate was in town so i went down to xtra vision and bought another copy, then i bought the german editon (the germans and the dutch get the best special features) Then i moved house and couldnt find either so again i just bought it. Thats 3 copies

Then i heard that DVD sales of the special edition could help get another movie so i bought the americana and the european special editons and while i was on there saw the regular was only $4.99 so i thought why not...

Loser! I mean that in a nice way, you seem to lose things!

• Advertisement

User45701 wrote: »

Thats happened to me and the Orson Scott Card book "Enders Game". In my life I must have bougth about 8 copies of that book and yet here I am again moved house and cant find it...must...purchase...new...copy! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is this actually any good, do you need to have seen the series, i have it on DVD but ive never watched it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

MooseJam wrote: »
    is this actually any good, do you need to have seen the series, i have it on DVD but ive never watched it

You will get more out of it if you see the series

BUT

I saw it in the cinema, never having heard of Firefly and loved it.

Loved it so much that I bought the box set, companion books, Serenity DVD (on day of release) and will definately get box set/movie on Blu Ray, when they get around to releasing them.

You will get more out of it if you see the series

BUT

I saw it in the cinema, never having heard of Firefly and loved it.

Loved it so much that I bought the box set, companion books, Serenity DVD (on day of release) and will definately get box set/movie on Blu Ray, when they get around to releasing them.

same here

cinema first then firefly i have serenity in hddvd but ye firefly in bluray is a must buy - gotta keep those sales up

+1

Serenity in the cinema then box set!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Having seen Firefly and Serenity I was interested if they might ever be any more, however I think the matter is now closed according to Joss.
    I am still buying the "Dark Horse" serenity comics when they are available.

By the way, the cast were around at my wedding (as were the cast of Buffy, Angel and Star Trek, etc) and my wife and I have gotten to know them well (see an example pics below - we have our own major site so if ye want to see more larger pics including the below, just PM me - will pass on the url location).
    Nathan is one hell of a dead nice chap and extremely funny to boot.
    He is the sort of person you'd want at a party. He'd be the life and good soul of it.
    The rest of the cast are very nice and when together in a group are nothing but a riot!
    Jewel and Nathan will always be like brother and sister. They are all ways taking the pee out of each other.

ndk9jr.jpgdz6rs5.jpg
    ojnyb7.jpgzjaqky.jpg15fg87d.jpg
    why6g5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Those are some very nice convention photos, I have similar ones myself. Which Starfury event was this at?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"Fusion" and a few I can't remember off the top of my head.

My wife and I decided to get married in Blackpool that weekend and we were attending it too.
    We took an hour off at the con to go away and get married then much to the surprise of many (lol) carried on with the con.
    They thought that it was so unusual for us to do (have our wedding at the con) that they came along to the wedding. We have met many of them since again in Blackpool, London and also when traveling abroad. Some stars were pregnant at the exact same time (and due at the same time too!) as my wife at one stage so due to that we "connected" even better and have more personal stuff to chat about.
    We still hear from them and we check up on each the now when we get the time.

4hfe34.jpg2qjc0eg.jpg

a44yfa.jpgmafqs5.jpg

jqgfbr.jpg

Wife pregnant (below) at the time in this when we met others.
    sc5dw6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I'm so jealous right now, you're very lucky.

Back to the dvd situation. I hate when I see really good dvds going so cheap. On the otherhand more people are inclined to buy them if they are cheap.

Advertisement