Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santry

Options
  • 30-06-2008 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey Folks

Im aware that this thread doesnt belong in this section but i couldnt really find anywhere else to put it. I am currently looking to buy my first house, I have a wife and two children and so I really want a nice area to live in. My budget is max 450000. I am currently looking at both Royal Oak and Woodlawn in Santry, I love Woodlawn, it looks ideal. However I recently read that both estates are having drug problems lately, particularly Royal Oak. I also heard of problem femilies in both areas cuasing havoc.

If anyone has any info on these issues I would love to hear about it, especially from anyone living there or close by. Also if anyone has any suggestions regarding good locatins to buy I would very much like to hear them.

Many Thanks

Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

go to the region threads you will have better uck there i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I will move this to the accommodation & property forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

what about this?
    bit away from Santry though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Where did you read about these problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask at the local garda station (Santry).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

What about Lorcan? Nice quiet area close to all routes, good schools etc, little if any anti social behaviour. Few places going for €400k+ but in the current climate I reckon you could get under.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Check for issues with the local Gardai, and also check on neighbours.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Hi there, We also looked at Royal Oak when we were looking in Santry 8 years ago. I am glad we didn't buy there in the end, because the estate seems very congested with cars etc and we did better locally in the end. I would recommend looking closer to the village, there is a lot of property around at the moment (try GWD website) and you should get something nice (or that you could make nice for your budget). I recommend the area, very close to town, good primary schools locally, although places an issue at Gaelschool, nice parks, no nice pubs though! Good luck with yoru search.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

face2face wrote: »
    , no nice pubs though!

U never in the bleedin Comeh or the Swisss?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

I only like de Swisss when it's hot out, so I can broil the babby in the buggy while I get stuck into the Satzenbrau. De Comeh I like if I'm having a curry chip delivered over durind de bingo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

My sis lives in Royal Oak. She hasn't mentioned any problems but that could be just her not telling!
    They did have burglaries in that area over the years though.

The houses inside are built of poor quality, they have sound insulation problems, just beware of that.

Advertisement