Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Codec x264 dts/dolby to Logitech Z-5500 help

Options
  • 30-06-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Need a bit of Help here i have a media centre play .mkv files x264 720p and 1080p i have just bought the z-5500 5.1 surround sound and plan on using Digital Cox Cable from Pc to z-5500, some of my movies are dts and some are ac3 my question is what codec, audio filter should i be using to stream the dts/ac3 audio to the z-5500 to get the perfect sound?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Right i am using ffdshow now, have Dolby DEcdoer checked, and in mixer/output AC3 checked and in mixer should i pick Dolby Pro Logic II?Is that right?

Also what should be displayed on the Z-5500 screen if ac3/dts is being outputting correctly?

ALso changed SPDIF in codecs DTS/AC3

What sound card you using and how are yuo connecting them to it?

With that setup, S/P DIF would be the best way to go and let the speaker system do all the decoding

• Advertisement

I am using Intel High Definition Audio onboard Audio.which i assume is ok?

Does your PC/soundcard have any SPDIF outputs??

SPDIF_big.jpg

There are two kinds of SPDIF connections: optical (set up by optical fiber) and coaxial (set up by coaxial cable).

You'd want the sound card to pump the raw bitstream out to the speakers and let them do the decoding. Much better sound then having your pc to the work.

Yeah it has a SPDIF Coaxial Output.

Ok, cool. You using XP or Vista?

This should guide you the rest of the way. (XP)
    http://www.8dim.com/support/spdif.asp

Oh, and failing ffdshow, try http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AC3_Filter

and configure it like below:

ac31er9.jpg

(Set AC3 & DTS to disabled under codecs in ffdshow)

Using Xp, Thanks for the help very helpful must say.

• Advertisement

Just checked my own ffdshow....set these under codecs and see how you get on.

ffdshowfr7.jpg

(Assumes your using SPDIF Coaxial Output)

I dont have play control in my advance settings?Or will play control only work with a SPDIF cable is connected?

The_Edge wrote: »
    Just checked my own ffdshow....set these under codecs and see how you get on.

ffdshowfr7.jpg

(Assumes your using SPDIF Coaxial Output)

With "Use SPDIF when AC3 output set, all other guide say not to check this, what does it actually do, and the same with Check For DTS in Wav?

Also in Mixer do you have it set to Dolby Prologic II?Or do you even have Mixer Checked read you only check mixer if you have 2.0 stereo sound?

Advertisement