Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4+1 available??

Options
  • 30-06-2008 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads
    Just wondering if Channel 4+1 can be tuned in as well as all the other FTA channels?
    I looked at the sticky but could see no mention of +1 for channel 4!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Thanks for that insight as to why Channel 4+1 aren't broadcasting in the clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Your question was answered, if you wanted a detailed insight then you should have asked for that. A search of the forum might not be a bad idea either

Bros123 wrote: »

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Holy flying shit Batman :eek:

I think if you showed a bit more civility you would probably get a response to any question (thats providing you asked it in the first instance) as the guys are always more than helpful here.

Is it me or is there a growing trend of posters demanding information here without doing any research themselves first? As you say a little more civility goes a long way.

muffler wrote: »
    Holy flying shit Batman :eek:

I think if you showed a bit more civility you would probably get a response to any question (thats providing you asked it in the first instance) as the guys are always more than helpful here.

• Advertisement

Sorry if I appeared rude,I wasn't being.
    I DID search the sticky and could not find any info on the subject.
    And as for civility,one word answers i.e. no. does not constitute being civil in my book.

You appeared rude probably because your post was just that. Search the whole forum not just the sticky. The one word answer was in reply to your question, if you wanted something more detailed then ask a different question. You have no automatic right to have your question answered in any case but a post such as that will probably ensure that any future questions will be ignored for fear of a similar response from you.

Sorry if I appeared rude,I wasn't being.
    I DID search the sticky and could not find any info on the subject.
    And as for civility,one word answers i.e. no. does not constitute being civil in my book.

Tony wrote: »
    You appeared rude probably because your post was just that. Search the whole forum not just the sticky. The one word answer was in reply to your question, if you wanted something more detailed then ask a different question. You have no automatic right to have your question answered in any case but a post such as that will probably ensure that any future questions will be ignored for fear of a similar response from you.

As I already said I wasn't being rude and I apologized already if it appeared that way,my humour obviously didn't go down very well.If someone can't answer a polite question with a polite answer then,in my opinion,they shouldn't bother to answer it at all.
    And you are right,I didn't ask for a detailed reply but a one word reply doesn't constitute politeness in my book.
    Of course I have no automatic right to a reply but you do realise that this is an internet forum for the most part dedicated to sharing knowledge with thousands of members,who,for the most part will answer a question politely and help out?
    I won't be asking any more questions in this section of Boards Tony so I'm not really concerned of being ignored!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sorry OP I can't see the problem at all.
    You asked a direct question and got a direct answer back. No more, no less.

ongarite wrote: »

I had no problem,others did!;)

As I've stated,my sense of humour didn't go down too well.

Mountain and molehill ongarite.

• Advertisement

Does that tell you anything?

I had no problem,others did!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 digiman 2007

Yea... but in my experience that Mossy Monk fellow has never been less than rude and a little bit wrong sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

ongarite wrote: »
    the no seemed a little flippant to me, tbh.

I'm sure Mossy was just answering the question of course, though.

the OP's reply was more sarcastic than rude, lol, although I suppose one could argue they go hand in hand.

also, we usually don't need orders/instructions around here to expand on our replies.

norbert64 wrote: »
    also, we usually don't need orders/instructions around here to expand on our replies.

Thats true but Bros was looking for an answer to a second question that he did not ask IE insight as to why they are not broadcasting, the original question as you know was can it be tuned in.

Tony wrote: »
    Thats true but Bros was looking for an answer to a second question that he did not ask IE insight as to why they are not broadcasting, the original question as you know was can it be tuned in.

I actually wasn't looking for anyone to expand on the question Tony and I've stated why I replied as I did.
    Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of forum etiquette would know that Mossy's reply was rude.

I have apologised.

I have apologised.

Fair enough, I vote we move on

norbert64 wrote: »
    the no seemed a little flippant to me, tbh.

Oh please. The question was asked so I answered. If the OP wanted information about encryption or audio PID's then please ask.

Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of forum etiquette would know that Mossy's reply was rude.

My reply was not rude. It answered your original question correctly. What else did you expect me to do? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

lol, i love this tread!!! Go on ya horse!!! :);)

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    My reply was not rude. It answered your original question correctly. What else did you expect me to do? :rolleyes:

Christ,if you don't consider that rude I'd hate to be stuck in the pub with you for an evening!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Christ,if you don't consider that rude I'd hate to be stuck in the pub with you for an evening!!!:rolleyes:
    Why dont you start a thread in feedback about how rudely you have been treated here. And dont forget to include your own offensive post.

Get a grip (or a life) FFS and let it go.

muffler wrote: »
    Why dont you start a thread in feedback about how rudely you have been treated here. And dont forget to include your own offensive post.

Get a grip (or a life) FFS and let it go.

I have a grip thanks!;)
    Why would I want to go to feedback?It's not bothering me one bit FFS,just had to state my case and as far as I'm concerned the thread should be locked.

in before the lock :)

also in before the lock.;)

I have a grip thanks!;)
    Why would I want to go to feedback?

You seem to be bitching about everything else so why not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭John mac

channel 136 :D:D:D:D:D