Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptopsdirect refund policy

Options
  • 30-06-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Has anyone had problem getting refund with laptopsdirect after order cancellation .I'm waiting two weeks now for funds to go back into my credit card and by the way no laptop was dispatched to my house only reason i got refund because the laptop was not in stock then they took money from my visa and when i got call to say refund will be given thought nothing more until i checked my account last wednesday again and money was not refunded to my visa so 4 days later after second refund request is processed no funds back into my credit card .What rights have I got if they don't refund me they keep telling me refund will go in about 4 working days what the heck ? :)
    16th june was first i heard of refund now its 30th june my understanding is electronic refund should process in second why do they keep saying 4 working days to receive refund .It looks to me like they are keeping money for as long as possible so as to earn interest on money in their account ,their refund policy is atrocious i think ......:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I think the quickest way is to ask your Credit Card company for a charge-back. Let laptopsdirect know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

Can I do that ring bank credit card division and ask for refund back from banks point of view ?that would be good save a lot of hassle and time if banks can do that for me

Just tell them that they charged your card and never sent the item. You could mention that they failed twice to refund you.

I'm not sure if they'll insist on a waiting period - it can be 30 days, in some cases.

EDIT: Just noticed you cancelled - even less likely of a lengthy wait.

sound advice there man appreciate you replying and coming back so fast maybe you should take over accounts dept in laptopsdirect .I would say you do 100 times better job than the keyboard pyjama party of lost souls ,maybe they should call themselves www.gob****esdirect.ie instead of laptopsdirect.ie
    thanks again ,Paddy

No worries. Give us an update, will ya? :)

• Advertisement

Yup will let ya know how I get on thanks again have a great day !,Paddy

Hiya just letting ya know refund went through by laptopsdirect this morning checked my credit card statement .Their refunds though are far too slow I should have got refund on 16th June within four working days and if I hadn't hassled them last week when finally on 27th June it looks like they initiated the refund for sure this at that point I might not have noticed if I was relying on credit card statement in letterbox .It just goes to show everyone should check their credit card statement on daily basis online to keep an eye on online purchases .Another thing I do regularly is change my credit card every couple months(i.e. get card reissued so credit card number changes).This is good way to combat online identity fraud which is rampant on internet these days .Ive noticed in recent weeks myspace bogus emails and second chance offers coming through by email trying to get one to login to bogus site antivirus suite i use which i find has excellent web protection is www.avira.com .The website protection database is updated at least every day and much less memory hungry than mcaffee and norton home suites.Cheers again for you help and be safe out there folks on the net ,cheerio for now,E

Advertisement