Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford roads

Options
  • 30-06-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I've been in Longford town a few times recently. The roads in the town are shocking!

At one point, I nearly went into a hole in the road (too big to call it a pothole) opposite the Centra while turning left towards the train station.

But the award for worst road in the country has to go to the Strokestown road, from the Longford Arms right out to the edge of the town.
    I have driven all over the country over the years, but have never been on a road as bad as that one.

Is there a reason its that bad? How do people in the town tolerate this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

It's been that crap for so long that people don't even moan about it anymore. It's not actually a road as such, more a mosaic of tarmac through the years. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until An Taisce stick a preservation order on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I have to agree with that, I drive a truck and I have been on some of the worst bog roads in the country and none compare to that bone shaker in longford.:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Luckily that road is closed for repairs as we speak its a disaster waiting to happen if its stays as bad as it is.

Advertisement