Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 29th

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭

..thought I would start a different thread to discuss last nights..!

I thought it was alright. Much better than last week’s episode.

The TopGear’s top cameraman must be back on again because the bit about Audi RS6 was typical TopGear visual feast - breathtaking settings, beautifully shot with their grad filters and shallow depth of field and everything! Though the competition itself was a bit lame, that V10 made up for it!

Not sure if there’s much in James May’s stunt man. The midair flip was in fact pretty good, but they didn’t see it through – I think they should take a page or two from ‘Mythbusters’ and go a bit more scientific, and may even try and get it right!

Jeremy running out of roads to drive on his AMG was good too, but not brilliant. Also they didn’t put any of those cars in the race track, which I thought was a bit disappointing – where is the Stig?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Due to the fools puting it opposite the Euro final I have yet to watch it apart from the James Bond stunt during half time - had the landing ramp been a bit flatter I reckon he'd have made it. I also love the fact its a real stunt - someone ie Top Gear Stuntman could get hurt. They'd never allow that in the US version.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jimmy456

missed both episodes due to the soccer anyone know when they repeat the episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,270 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

jimmy456 wrote: »
    missed both episodes due to the soccer anyone know when they repeat the episodes

fridays at 9 methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

mike65 wrote: »
    Due to the fools puting it opposite the Euro final

PVR FTW

Programmes clash no more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I liked the show. I think the stuntman piece is a bit silly and as said before a more scientific approach might be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anyone know the piece of music they were using for the AMG segment? Slow piano-based track, I know it, but can't quite place it and its driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

actually, never mind - finalgear.com have a "whats that song" thread thats pretty comprehensive. It was Mogwai "I know you are, but what am I"

Advertisement