Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow airs.

Options
  • 30-06-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Was just wondering what are your favourite slow airs?
    Meseff, I love the fairest rose.
    Also, do ye like people playing slow airs in a session? Some people I play with hate them in a session, they only like to play them themselves.
    Personally I love to play them but also to listen to them.

opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I like playing 'the little fair child' on the mandolin, but only for a small group of people or on my own. I've played in the local a couple of times but only when it was real quiet, it's tough when the pub is noisy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

My favourite slow air to play is probably Eamonn an Chnoic. The only time in my opinion when a slow air should be played is right at the end of a session not too far from finishing up, and I think that it definetely has its place in a session and I really do like to hear them and play them myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i likes "the banshee" on the pipes with full regs treatment, i also like yhe slow air part of"the fox chase" with full regs.

i like regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

Yeah I love regulators too, but they have to be used right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

The Moorlough Shore (Dolores Keane). Though would have to be sang with order and little noise if in a pub venue, as with most slow airs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement