Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't use Gmail in standard mode using IE6

Options
  • 30-06-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I can't use Gmail in standard mode using IE6. I get the message:

Google Mail requires ActiveX controls to be enabled

Your browser seems to be Internet Explorer, and ActiveX seems to be disabled. Google Mail's standard view requires ActiveX to be enabled in order to operate.

To use Google Mail's standard view, enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer. You can do this by going to the Tools menu, selecting Internet Options, Security tab, Internet zone, and either select the Default Level, or selecting Custom Level and scrolling down to "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and selecting Enable.

After enabling ActiveX controls, try again.

To use Google Mail's basic HTML view, which does not require ActiveX, click here.

It works in basic mode. I have checked and ActiveX is enabled.

Any ideas what is the problem.

P.S. i have to use IE6, so Firefox or IE7 are not an option.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why exactly cant you use 7? If its work related surely you can argue IE6 is at this stage too old and interferes with your productivity, to your superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Overheal wrote: »
    why exactly cant you use 7? If its work related surely you can argue IE6 is at this stage too old and interferes with your productivity, to your superior?

No i have to use IE6, ya it's a PC in work but not nessicarily a work related problem

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if you have a USB Memeory Key have you tried Firefox Portable? Might help you out thar. Works the treat in college anyway.

if you have a USB Memeory Key have you tried Firefox Portable? Might help you out thar. Works the treat in college anyway.

Oh! good idea. I'll try that.

Cheers, that worked a treat.

I would still like to know how to fix the problem with IE6 but this will keep me going for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement