Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí and body modification

Options
  • 30-06-2008 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Well I am going to assume it is similar to teaching and it's a case of no visible art allowed, but I'm just wondering am I wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

You would be correct, just make sure it's not on view. and they don't mind what you have, just make sure to declare it on the form on the day of your medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Does that include ears? like even lobes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bit ridiculous really in this day and age really.

ahh, piercing isnt quite as socially acceptable as i would personally like it, considering i have to take about 200€ worth of metal out of my face before my interview, but it is understandable why one couldnt have them. they hurt enough getting em put there imagine having them ripped out

Well since tattoos and hair are included in those restrictions, it's safe to say your well being are not the reason why they're prohibited.

• Advertisement

ah yeah but generally when your working with people its a big no no!!! Thats just life, i know people dont take me seriously sometimes because of how i look... (young, not pierced)

Kidd-o wrote: »
    ah yeah but generally when your working with people its a big no no!!! Thats just life, i know people dont take me seriously sometimes because of how i look... (young, not pierced)

I know, yeah.
    I used to think like that.
    But then I went to other countries and found it to be the opposite.

Once in London, I dealt with a copper who was clad with tattoos...all over, even up to his neck.
    In Germany I was helped by a copper who had a pony tail down to his arse, and in Sweden I saw a copper with a few piercings in his face.

I used to accept it, but now it pisses me off, because I'm passionate about joining, but I'm passionate about these things too.

I know what you mean, im sickened i have to take mine out :eek::eek:

Well I was told just to keep my mouth shut and make a fuss once I'm on the inside.
    Hahaha.

Advertisement