Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Area around/near Lidl...?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

i was on here a while back asking about Carlow, Im moving there from Dub. Moving next week (have B&B for two weeks if needed though) was in Carlow last week and saw a really nice place near the Lidl shop there, was just wondering if anyone can tell me what the are a is like? Handy for me heading to Shillelagh!

Will be doing some more looking, can anyone tell me any areas to avoid (around Carlow town and out topwards Tullow)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

John Sweeney Park, avoid like the plague.
    Dolmen Heights, same as above.

The general area around lidl is grand! No trouble at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭inarut

+1.
    I would stay well clear of those areas and a few more near the other side of the road from the store itself.
    General area close by is fine though particularly around the browneshill road and pollerton areas.
    If you are working over in shillelagh (and I know where:) ), I would recommend living in tullow. Its a developing town close enough to Carlow- 10 minutes drive on a not so great road and much closer to shillelagh so you would probably get the best of both worlds really in terms of commute, quality of life etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Dolmen Gardens is nice. I'm moving out of a house there next month. Tried to find a link to the house on daft but it doesn't seem to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Apart from opinions on the area itself. Traffic is very bad around there and the roads are in bad need of repair. The location of Lidl was a very poor choice, as it is very hard to get across the road to and from it, which means traffic backs up onto the O'Brien Road and Wexford Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

+1 dolmen gardens was there for a while when the sis was there seemed a lovely place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement