Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on rentals with annual lease

Options
  • 29-06-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

If I were to rent a place with an annual lease and leave after 3 months or 6 months or 8 months, whats the deal ? Presuming I've paid a deposit of roughly a months rent - I guess I lose that? What else gives ? Am I legally obliged to pay the remainder of the 12 month lease, and if so is this followed up in reality ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Is there a break clause in your lease? If so, refer to it.

If not, I understand that if you can assign the lease to another party and the landlord refuses to accept the assignation, you are entitled to break the lease.

Threshold is a good organisation to talk to about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Calina wrote: »
    Is there a break clause in your lease? If so, refer to it.

If not, I understand that if you can assign the lease to another party and the landlord refuses to accept the assignation, you are entitled to break the lease.

Threshold is a good organisation to talk to about this.

+ 1. If the landlord/lady/rental business refuses your list of poss people you have tried and therefore you are legally ok to exit with your deposit. I was told this in person by Threshold. Double check with them. www.threshold.ie

Advertisement