Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throat Mic

Options
  • 29-06-2008 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    My first post in the lifehacking forum, if i'm in the wrong place... Sorr, Mods, please move!

I'm thinking of buying a throat mic for a radio transceiver, I'll be in a noisy environment and I doubt a regular Microphone/speaker will work very well. I'm just wondering if anyone here has used something like this? How comfortable are they to wear? How well does the Mic work?

L-TM-MBTR.jpg

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

how noisy is it? You can buy radio headsets with a pretty good directional mike that should only catch your voice unless it is ridiculously noisy...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I've worn a throat mic before in a reasonably noisy environment. They're pretty good in my experience. You need to speak slowly and clearly though using the throat mic otherwise it's mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also check the Airsoft and the Military forums.
    A few people there should have used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Thanks guys,
    If I go ahead with it I'll let ye know how I get on ;)
    By noisy environment I meant being around helicopters taking off and landing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lignum

We use throat mics in work when wearing breathing apperatus, they work very well. The mic itself is fairly comfortable, the only issue I had was the ear piece falling off my ear, duct tape solves that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement