Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I-POKER....can someone help me with my confidence in the network

Options
  • 29-06-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have recently started playing this network. I mainly play $2/4 cash or the $200/500 SNGs. I am not a paranoid person or dont trust online poker, but on occasion I have experienced weird delays or pause whenever I put my opponent to a big decision. I am not crying foul but would appreciate any feedback from any other players that have experienced something similar.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Are they using their time bank? Or maybe your opponants are multitabling $200/$500 sng's and are just slow. - You know how fish are at multitabling;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭TheJackeen

No sorry....I didnt explain fully....not delays but like a system crash of some type.....the time balance clock timer is not on desplay when this happens......

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

I've heard of this happening before. By any chance were you playing a guy called 'Potripper'?

It happens frequently when playin str8nmeup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

This issue usually occurs when your connection is lagging .. it will then catch up and seem to you like it was the other players issue because it happened on their turn.

Are you playing on a wireless connection?

• Advertisement

NO, playing on broadband LAN connection that is usually very good.....good news is that already the feedback is that others have experienced the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

this happens on my ipoker form time to time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i find sometimes in big pots, usually when there's an all-in and call, or at showdown when people are allin there's a bit of delay.

probably this guy's fault:

PokerstarsDealer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Never get tired of that drawing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've come across this a lot too. What I noticed is that if I open a browser page(which I do to check my connection) it seems to solve the problem. I don't know how that works but it does for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I'm paranoid about it too... sometimes before the river is dealt there is an abnormal delay..... and I know I'm done then..... yep the 1 or 2 outter pops up... like they go looking for the card...

I'm serious about the delay though... all other tables play as normal so not my connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

crypto always did this to.

just another observation with no statistical back up and i can only speak for stts but ipoker seem to have to many blues on crypto it used to be runs filling up on the river

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

nicnicnic wrote: »
    crypto always did this to.

just another observation with no statistical back up and i can only speak for stts but ipoker seem to have to many blues on crypto it used to be runs filling up on the river
    Blues and runs. Ah the nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Take it to the conspiracy theories forum.

and bring these 3 with you.

1. On Pokerstars today, I hit quad 6's twice and quad nines once.

2. I played a $1 sit'n'go and I got a walk in the big blind THREE TIMES. :eek:

3. While playing 6 tables for 3 hours today, nobody sucked out on me at all.

Advertisement