Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good fm stereo transmitter for car & home

Options
  • 29-06-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    not sure if tthis is the rite section for this now or not
    but im looking fto get a high wuality fm transmitter for my ipod to use in the car and at home?

i dont want to spend much on it

i already bought a cheap fm trasmitter on ebay a while back and the sounds reproduction isnt the greatest, a ringing sound for base, not good at all

but id really be greatful of any suggestions.
    thanks very much,
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I dont know a whole lot about these but dont, whatver you do get the "griffin" one fo 50euro in halfords.Its totally useless.My sister got one a couple of months ago.The first problem was that the perfect radio in her seat ibiza could even find the transmission and secondly, when we finally were able to get it, the sound was totally hopeless.No bass whatsoever.If your car has an old style head unit, it may be better to just get a whole new head unit with a USB and auxilary port.There cheaper than you might think on pixmania.ie qand others probably.You would be able to get a really good one for under 100euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

you all seem to be blaming the hardware without considering the fact that you're using MP3s - no mention of the bitrate at all... which is relevant. You're comparing an FM signal with a compressed MP3, for all we know you could be comparing CD playback with compressed MP3s. Before you dismiss some possibly perfectly good piece of kit consider GIGO.

Advertisement