Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Photo Crunching Software?

Options
  • 29-06-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

I used to use a program called 'Xatcom' (I think) which reduced the size of my pics for uploading to Ebay etc. I can't find it now. Does anyone know of any similar free software that will do the same thing? Can't see any in the stickie. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

There's a microsoft powertoy with which you can do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Thanks, but I just want to crunch some photos. Something simple will do. I'm running Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I just email them to myself. (I'm using WIN XP Pro)

Right click on the pics you want to reduce, use "Send to" and select email recipient. It should open your email program. It should give an option to reduce the sizes for emailing. Select this and send.

From the received email, just save the pictures again.

QED.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sean_K wrote: »
    There's a microsoft powertoy with which you can do this.

Aye. Listed here it is for XP.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I use Gimp, the freely distributed equivalent of Photoshop Windows installer here.

Just open the pic with it --> click Image --> click Scale image --> select your size --> save as

HTH

Pog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

www.irfanview.com , is great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The GIMP, etc. are probably overkill for the OP's requirements.
    The XP power toy is a good suggestion.
    Alternatively, http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm (Freeware)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I used to use a program called 'Xatcom' (I think) which reduced the size of my pics for uploading to Ebay etc. I can't find it now. Does anyone know of any similar free software that will do the same thing? Can't see any in the stickie. :o
    There are some programs especially for placing ebay ads(Photos, desc, etc.). Their names escape me atm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

eolhc wrote: »
    +1

it's only problem is that it's only free for non-commercial use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

• Advertisement
Advertisement