Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Riverbank Restaurant - Such a let down

Options
  • 29-06-2008 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I have been recommended this place on several occassions recently so eventually paid it a visit last week. Its 5 mins from the N2 and about the same from Carrick, real rural setting in Killanny. On the approach it looks really good, lovely stone building, great settings. Interior is absolutely fabulous, very comfortable and relaxing. Menu is so ridiculous, very little on it but the way I looked at it if the foods good then the basic menu is somewhat justified. I had steak which was way over-priced at €24ish about the size you would expect on a steak sandwich. The bog standard pepper sauce arrived also, piping hot with a skin on the top, hardly adventurous from the chef. Person with me had chicken which was supposed to come with mixed veg which consisted of a few carrots and lots of little silver pickled onions, yes the type you get in a jar from chef. Menu specifically stated home-made hand cut chips, not even near. The chips that arrived were frozen and were almost black, you could taste that the oil hadn't been changed in some time. It would be easy to turn things around as the place as everything going for it bar the food and menu.

So so disappointed. :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sounds very poor, would have never thought of going there for dinner. In Laws live just around the corner from there.

Did you say anything to the staff.

It looks like a nice place alright.

I think they are having a weekend music festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Yes what a pity as everything else is 5 star. Id say they are very limited with menu as they would hardly get a large crowd all the due to location and cant afford to be throwing food out all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 harobed

fair fairy do you work for that place or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

fair fairy ??? what does this mean?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

fair fairy ??? what does this mean?

fair fairy was a shill that signed up a couple of accounts and posted in this thread. He's had all accounts site-banned and the posts deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Read the OP' disappointing visit to The Riverbank pub/restaurant on this thread but seeing as they were 3 years old We decided to pop in for dinner
    Went out with my wife and inlaws on Friday night and the place was buzzin. Were early but only had to wait for ten minutes for a table which was very clean and comfortable.
    We had a lovely 3 course meal with wine which was served by a beautiful attentive waitress and the food was all top class, well cooked and on time. The french fries in a little silver bucket were a huge hit and my wife's vegetarian pasta option was delicious and carefully made and all the food was beautifully and promptly presented and was great value only €17.95 for 4 courses,
    The atmosphere was lively yet unobtrusive with only a low key music in the background which didn't encroach on the buzz of conversation
    Thankfully there was no large TV blaring nonsense across the room a fire was lit in the fireplaces and we could take our time and had a few drinks after our meal in very comfortable surroundings. Had a wonderful time and spoke to the owner afterwards and the huge improvements he has made over the past year are really noticable.
    The building itself is superb with eclectic and quality decor and is a comfortable welcoming place even just for a drink.
    The Riverbank has come into its own and its popularity quality and value is well worth checking out. I will definetly be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Sounds good to me - I've moved to within a few miles of here recently and have seen the sign, but not ventured there yet. Might have to make a trip soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Went for a bite there tonight and was impressed. Set menu, 4 courses for 20 euro. I had a steak which added 4 or 5 euro onto the bill, but 4 courses for 2 adults, plus a kids meal all for 56 euro.
    I'll be eating there again for sure (especially as it is only 8 Km from home!)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Is there still a set menu deal?

Advertisement