Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of Copyrighted images, no more???

Options
  • 28-06-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Just came across this new image finder which is going to be a joy for photographers looking for unpaid royalties.

It's still only in beta and when I get my invitation I be checking my pictures

http://tineye.com/login

Click play and the lovely little girl will tell you all about it:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That's a great idea. Looks like a nice little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

TinEye depends on access to your website before it can index your images. IP ban ftw. I think even robots.txt works at getting rid of tineye from your site.

so ultimately, there's a way around everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Namesco wrote: »
    It's still only in beta and when I get my invitation I be checking my pictures

No need to wait - found this link in their blog

http://tineye.com/register?reg_key=_awPkVhqgjpczEgkKyzW4zHN&auto_fill_key=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

turgon wrote: »

The invitation came in about an hour, I've been trying it out and there's very few pictures I've come across that's in the database (even there own logo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It sounds great in practice but only if an image is fairly distinctive ?

I mean, sure the following scenarios would confuse the bejaysus out of it and return loads of "false positives":

1) 2 images taken by photographers standing side-by-side at an event
    2) 2 images where the subjects were in similar poses - e.g. how often does Ronan O'Gara take a kick from a simiilar stance/angle, or even two different hurlers catching a
    ball ?

As for the thread title - well, the "use of copyrighted images" should ALWAYS have been a no-no (unless, of course you paid the photographer so you could use them).

Considering this is a web design thread, maybe a more appropriate title would have been "Find out who's using your images".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

true about an image of similar subjects, but atleast it will narrow the search down, and presumably the photography will know whether the shot is theirs or not. TBH, this will probably be more use to getty images etc, where they are going to find exact matches of stolen images

Advertisement