Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Signal

Options
  • 28-06-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I got Sky installed just over 1 year ago, then it went,no signal, channels hopping on/off, and the engineer said that the LNB was gone so he replaced it, he also said that the fir trees at the side of my house may block the signal also, it worked fine until last March when the winds blew the dish off line, got that sorted.

Now the same thing is happening again, no signal error 36, this time when i look at the signal strength its near the top then it goes altogether the signal quality does the same, on and off, I've trimed the trees so is the problem with the LNB?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chipclub

I had a similar problem with trees. Mad to think that the signal travels all that distance and gets blocked by a few leaves.

Anyway, chopping down the trees worked and then I encountered the very same fluctuating signal strength and quality that you are seeing. I found that the cable connection at the LNB was very poor and rainwater had corroded/damaged/wrecked the line. I bought a new cable and good quality weatherproof connector, recabled and it did the trick.

Advertisement