Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire - Dublin?

Options
  • 28-06-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the traffics like travelling from Dun Laoghaire to Dublin port at 7.30am on a Thursday?

I live a few hours away from Dublin and am catching a ferry to Holyhead quite early in the morning. I got mixed up and thought I was going from Dun Laoghaire, but I'm actually going from Dublin port.

I booked a B+B in Dun Laoghaire for the night before. Google maps tell me its about a 20 minute drive, but if the roads are very congested I'd rather cancel my booking and get somewhere closer.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 de breeze

I would allow 45mins if travelling on the rock road at this time. Its now a bus lane nightmare and can be quite congested early morning even in summer!

Easiest access to the port is via Strand Rd/East link. Remember also there is a new entrance to the port do noy head for the port tunnel! - though you can still right turn at Alexander Rd as alternative for ferryport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Leave yourself 40 - 50 mins to be on the safe side. 7:30 on a Thursday morning could be quite busy, especially if it rains.
    Having said that, the schools are finished (I think) so you should be safe enough with 40 mins.

I have never found the times on Google maps to be accurate, unless you are driving at 3:00 am without a sinner on the roads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

You have to check in 1hr before hand? Give yourself another hour for the trip, you will be early but its better than missing the ship. Even with traffic i imagine 30mins max BUT one crash, one train barrier mishap, rain etc and all can change.

Advertisement