Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof-reading my thesis

Options
  • 28-06-2008 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am in the process of finishing my thesis for my Masters. I just wondering where I could get a good proofreading service? That won't rob me! I checked online and there is a company in the UK that sound good but they were charging £1,670 and then they came down to £666.... I don't have that kinda money frown.gif. Like now much does a service like that cost??? I have no idea. I just need to do well in my thesis....

Thanks for your help....wink.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Be sure to get someone, even a former tutor (or teacher that you know)or fellow student who has a good command of English. I myself tend to have a blind spot for certain semantical errors and this can let me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Will do.... Thread is a bit slow...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Get people you know to do it, even people who aren't familiar with the material. Also leaving it along and reading it with a fresh eye yourself will probably work wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Recruit friends or family?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

UB wrote: »
    Recruit friends or family?

Yup, that's what I did, worked for me :)
    You really just need another pair of eyes, who are not as close to the work as you are. Well, and someone who has good grammar, punctuation and spelling too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Hi, I might be too late replying to this, but I have previously proof-read essays and theses for friends and would be willing to proof-read for a hell of a lot less than those companies are asking! Depends on the subject matter though. If you're looking for professional proof-reading, try the golden pages, they came up with a few different ones when I checked, and seem to be much more reasonable, say a couple of hundred euro, depending on the length obviously

Advertisement