Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going on the dole

Options
  • 27-06-2008 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

My funding has run out and I'm just a few months short of finishing.
    What do I need to secure some dole money?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

you cant sign on if youre studying

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My funding has run out and I'm just a few months short of finishing.
    What do I need to secure some dole money?

If you are finished your PhD, the university can provide you with a letter saying that you have completed your studies, which you can take to the social welfare office.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Reminder to all: no illegality please! So don't ask how to get any benefit you're not entitled to. Bannings for anyone contravening this rule.

Conversely, make sure to check out what state benefits and/or college funding could apply to you, and make the most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

You can't claim dole, you're still in college studying. Dole money is for people who are actively seeking employment and not free money for nothing. You should contact your university finance office and see if you can apply for their hardship fund. Also you might consider a part time job that fits around your studies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

sorry, from my experience of being told to eff off by them only knacker good for nothing wastes of space and heroin addicts qualify for the dole, and overweight pram pushing townies with 3 kids at 21. You're educated and probably from a good family in between jobs and will pay 100s of thousands in tax in the future probably, who do you think you are trying to claim the dole, for shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Larkenn wrote: »
    You can't claim dole, you're still in college studying. Dole money is for people who are actively seeking employment and not free money for nothing. You should contact your university finance office and see if you can apply for their hardship fund. Also you might consider a part time job that fits around your studies.
    I'm not in college studying full time. I'm looking for a job. I will however be still finishing my phd in the meantime.
    So you are wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The criteria for claiming the dole is very clear. I am locking this thread since people can't be mature about it. If I see a repeat mention of getting the dole whilst still a registered student on a full-time course there will be an outright ban for the individual involved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement