Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jongleurs Dublin

Options
  • 27-06-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

The 'launch' of this was last night, but there is no other mention of when it starts / where it is / who's playing it.... any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Found a bit on entertainment.ie
    It's in the Sugar Club. Ricky Grover, Tom Stade, John Moloney, Ian Coppinger and Karl Spain all played last night apparently. Started at half seven.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=56387341

First I heard of it was your post Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Twas on the news last night, used to watch a fair bit of Jongleurs Unleashed on Paramount at college. Must try see Ricky Grover, mans a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RobbieBonham

Galvasean wrote: »
    Found a bit on entertainment.ie
    It's in the Sugar Club. Ricky Grover, Tom Stade, John Moloney, Ian Coppinger and Karl Spain all played last night apparently. Started at half seven.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=56387341

First I heard of it was your post Robbie

Cheers, though that was just the launch. I dont think the actual club is there.

Just found this:

Comedy chain tests Irish market
    Thursday, 26 June 2008 11:05

Comedy club chain Jongleurs is planning to set up in Ireland with an initial €200,000 investment.

Commercial entertainment consultant Peter Dennehy and his business partner Tim Stone are spearheading the Irish project for the chain, which employs more than 1,000 people and has an annual turnover of £25m a year.

They say the initial plan for the first year is to test the market, with a view to investing a further €2m in venues around the country. There will be a 'Jongleurs on Tour' programme, while a Chirstmas event aimed at the corporate market will take place in Leopardstown in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

come on robbie be honest, how long have you set yourself before you are headlining the new jongleurs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Isn't the company that owns Jongleurs on the verge of bankruptcy though?

come on robbie be honest, how long have you set yourself before you are headlining the new jongleurs?

Meh, we'll see... lol
    Isn't the company that owns Jongleurs on the verge of bankruptcy though?

Most people in comedy are! We laugh at the face of bankruptcy!

eh...

I've no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deckydunbar

i was at this event the other night and was wondering who won as they said it'd be on the jongleurs website? if you google it this it the only relevant page! was a good standard with only one poor comedian.

Advertisement