Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice when moving out

Options
  • 27-06-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭

I've been renting an owner occupied house for the last 9 months but now have the chance to move in with mates as a rooms just come available in their house

My question is I'm not sure how much notice do I need to give my current landlady? & Will I likely lose my deposit?

I'm moving into the new place on monday view the room last night and said Id take it and am telling her Im moving out this evening but if i wasnt moving out rent for next month would be due on tuesday which is the 1st of the month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What's written in your contract?

Additionally, I don't think that the normal tenant-landlord rules apply to owner-occupied rentals, but I'm open to correction on this one.

I'm probably too much of a decent person, but I'd always try to give someone a months notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

dudara wrote: »
    What's written in your contract?

Additionally, I don't think that the normal tenant-landlord rules apply to owner-occupied rentals, but I'm open to correction on this one.

I'm probably too much of a decent person, but I'd always try to give someone a months notice.

there was no contract at all i just moved in paid her a months rent & a deposit. shes been v fair to me though.

Yeah normally Id agree with you about giving someone a months notice and i feel kind of bad in the sense but the other room wouldnt have been able to be held unless i took it so if i give her a months notice id be paying rent for 2 places for the one month, though id likely get my deposit back then. where as if i tell her tonight im moving out monday I guess i want to know if id lose my deposit or would I?

Advertisement