Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got any worries? medical, vetting etc.

• 26-06-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Just thought I'd start this thread for anyone with any concerns about anything, medical, security, travelling to work,vetting etc etc etc.

It's just a place to talk about them and hopefully set your mind at ease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

There you are:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Don't we already discuss our concerns in the other threads? Vetting concerns in the vetting thread, medical concerns in the medical thread etc.

Please don't take this as sniping or me trying to be a smart ass. I just don't see the need for a "Concerns" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Thanks for your input Carlty, your concerns are duly noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I'd say there's plenty a people out there with security issues/questions/fears etc!
    I don't personally have any, but there's no arguing we haven't all thought about it at some point in our applications.
    Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

I feel this could develop into a useful thread.Give it a chance eh?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 judgedredd

Cheers guys, thanks for the support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

okay,
    this isn't a very important concern, and PSNI is probably the only one that can help, but here it is....

Do psni officers still find themselves sitting in the sanger at the front of their police station all day from time to time, or are they just empty relics of the troubles now? I was just driving past one today and it occured to me how boring that would be....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

okay,
    this isn't a very important concern, and PSNI is probably the only one that can help, but here it is....

Do psni officers still find themselves sitting in the sanger at the front of their police station all day from time to time, or are they just empty relics of the troubles now? I was just driving past one today and it occured to me how boring that would be....

well ballynafeigh is manned but im not to sure about any others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Doesn't someone have to sit in there to open the gates and check passes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

I know quite a few stations have civilian security guards manning the gates its certainly the case at musgrave street and up at seapark, correct me as well if im wrong but isnt station security one of the main duties for the full time reserve??

• Advertisement

pb999 wrote: »
    I know quite a few stations have civilian security guards manning the gates its certainly the case at musgrave street and up at seapark, correct me as well if im wrong but isnt station security one of the main duties for the full time reserve??

i heard that to, i wdnt fancy it but im sure your in no position to argue!! i was gna say seaprk was manned by a civillian but everytime ive went to ballnafeigh its always a police constable manning the gates while a civillian operates the phones, then again its only a part time station..

while posting on this thread, is it still standard that your trained how to search for bombs underneath a car for personal security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

:eek: Lets hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Monkeymagic824

civilians man most stations security now, i did it for 2 year, some are civilian and police.

Advertisement