Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Closure

Options
  • 26-06-2008 8:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Work on the bridge in Kilmullen with the traffic lights on the way into Portarlington from the N7 is due to begin this July. The road will be closed during the duration of the works which will last for 10 months.

Just taught you'd like to know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's needed to be done for years,not a big deal!!

it will cause major delays now in the peak traffic so it is a bit of a deal kmart. :rolleyes:

the bog road will be jammers!

Major delays....oh yeah there's goin to be 3 mile tail backs:rolleyes:

Of course there's going to be extra cars on the bog road but it's a long enough stretch of road that it won't be 'jammers'! And it's quicker going the bog road anyway!

do you drive in the peak traffic on the bog road?

• Advertisement

Yes,I spent 4 months doing it last year and constantly get caught in it coming down when I've been staying in Dublin!

well then ye know what i mean! there'll be a much heavier flow of traffic on that road.

by the way on another note...i know you from years ago! And your sis! Small world!

one word...ARKLOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ruby-J wrote: »
    oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I feel for you ruby! (i dont know evertything about everything;))

Yeah but won't cause major delays in fairness!

Ok well that's not going to help me remember anything,lots of Arklow memories!

im not here to argue with ye honest, just saying there will be soo much more traffic on that road.

yeh a good few years back. is bro still in port?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

:rolleyes:

kikel wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

The irony! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Another route to Port from Monasterevin would be to continue towards Portlaois to Jamestown Cross and turn right at Boland's Pub.This would take you to Port via Corrig or Killenard.

Ruby-J wrote: »
    yeh a good few years back. is bro still in port?

Well I have to say I don't remember you at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

kikel wrote: »
    Work on the bridge in Kilmullen with the traffic lights on the way into Portarlington from the N7 is due to begin this July. The road will be closed during the duration of the works which will last for 10 months.

Just taught you'd like to know.

For the "Idiots Guide..." Kikel, is that at the mobile lights outside Killenure Manor house if you were to carry on past the Hazel Hotel and then turn right to come to Port???

Yeah it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah it is!

Thank you so very much! Not much traffic at 5 in the morning so I don't care ;):D

Lol,yeah don't think it'll be a problem for you so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

What happened to this bridge closure ? it doesn't seem to have happened at all. If i'm thinking of the right bridge then it's the one between Monasterevin and Portarlington, if you're travelling to Portarlington via the old M7 road. Last i saw the ESB were laying new Gas pipes along the road near the bridge, but that's about all.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

What happened to this bridge closure ? it doesn't seem to have happened at all. If i'm thinking of the right bridge then it's the one between Monasterevin and Portarlington, if you're travelling to Portarlington via the old M7 road. Last i saw the ESB were laying new Gas pipes along the road near the bridge, but that's about all.

Never believe local councillors ;)

Advertisement