Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wanted : Franchi SPAS 12 Cage & slide

• 26-06-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

As title suggests,

I am looking for a cage + the slide of one of these at a reasonable price for a project if anyone has one let me know.

Cheers
    Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hard enough to get here,or anywhere else for that matter.
    The SPAS 12 isnt in production anymore,so any genuine bits for it are at a premium price with collectors.You could try www.spas12.com It is a board dedicated to the SPAS type of guns. or www.franchi.com They might be able to help,but bein Italian,and having an old Franchi 48L ,I can tell you they are...well...difficult to deal with.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Thanks Grizzly,

Ive managed to find one since posting, but will still be on the look out for another one. The cage isn't actually for replacement parts in another spas, its actually one of the final parts to attach to my M1A1. Points to whoever knows what I am building:P

By the cage,I assume you mean the metal bit that the slide sits on and covers the mag and barrel? Your M1A1.Carbine or Garand?
    If it is a Garand,I would hazard a SOCOM style stock for a M14 lookalike?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Yup, the metal bit and the grip. I apologize, when typing i left out Thompson M1A1. Not socom, but a Pulse Rifle M4A1. Also know as, 'that gun from Aliens':P

Post the pics of this when it is done.This I gotta see...:D

• Advertisement

Will do man!

At the moment I have the M1A1, Steel upgrade parts being machined and sent over in a couple weeks, shrouds etc. The Cage/grip and connections are the last steps.

When its fully done i will be back with some beauty shots

Just a POI your Thompson.Is it a 22 lr or 45ACP??And did you have any hassle getting a liscense as I am sure it would be a "Idonlikedelookodat" type of gun around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

More likely a prop gun?
    Fun to spot antique guns used in sci fi, like the broomhandle mausers and sterlings in Star Wars :pac:.

Advertisement