Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uploading pictures

Options
  • 26-06-2008 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why I can't upload pictures from my memory stick to my Bebo page?
    On the Bebo page it says it's uploading and takes a few minutes but then says it can only upload pictures ending in JPG, but I always save my pictures in JPG to begin with! :confused:
    Or could I be making some silly mistake here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

When you right click on your pics and select properties, what does "type of file" say??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

It says the file is Ulead PhotoImpact Image

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Then its not a Jpeg, you need to open the files again and then click save as button and change the save as type to be Jpeg and it should work!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Try renaming a file to whatever.jpg and try uploading it. Make sure the file isn't too big either.

Ok I've made sure the file isn't too big and i've reopened every picture and saved it again making sure i renamed them & saved them as blahblah.jpg for example and they still aren't uploading!
    Is there anything my computer might be missing that would ensure they upload?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If you're using the new (Java-based Facebook-ripoff) uploader, have you tried using the older one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭BizzyLizzy

fifomania wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why I can't upload pictures from my memory stick to my Bebo page?

Move the pictures from the memory stick to your hard drive, then upload from there.

I originally had the pictures saved on my hard drive and still couldn't upload them that's why i moved them to the memory stick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

try download a standard jpeg image from the net and see if you can upload it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try open the image in ulead photoimpact again, except in this case choose from the drop down list at the bottom from saving as a ulead photoimact file to a jpeg, just renaming a certain file to jpeg probably wont work if the file encoding is different from the standard jpeg one

Nick

• Advertisement

I originally had the pictures saved on my hard drive and still couldn't upload them that's why i moved them to the memory stick!!

It is more stable / faster to upload from the hard drive. The problem appears to be with the actual upload. Are you on Dial-up? Is your connection to Bebo timing out? Connection failing in the middle of the upload? Losing your wireless / network connection?

Have you scanned your PC for viruses? Bebo could be rejecting infected files!

Can you e-mail one of your pics to a Bebo friend and ask them to upload it to their page just to test the pic from their end?

Feelgood wrote: »
    When you right click on your pics and select properties, what does "type of file" say??

Photo Impact labels “Type of File” as: Ulead PhotoImpact Image.
    The files have been resized and then resaved as JPG’s, and everything seems to have been done by the book.

ethernet wrote: »
    If you're using the new (Java-based Facebook-ripoff) uploader, have you tried using the older one?

Have you considered this suggestion?

It's been suggested to me that it could be a virus or that the computer doesn't have any Office programs? the virus threat is one that I haven't checked out yet.
    I use the old uploader and there seems to be no problem in the connection.
    There is no problem when I save pictures from the internet or from a friends' page, I can upload them without bother. The problem occurs when I upload pictures from my digital camera on to the computer & then try to upload.

It's been suggested to me that it could be a virus or that the computer doesn't have any Office programs? the virus threat is one that I haven't checked out yet.

First run a full virus scan on your PC... you should have that on autorun!

(I don't see how any "Office Programs" could have anything to do with your photos / upload.)

Next: Upload ONE pic from the camera to your hard disk and open it in PhotoImpact.

Click the View Menu and select Photo Properties.

Under Attributes: Check to see if the file Width/Height/Size is suitable for your Bebo upload requirements. If not click Dimensions on the Format menu to resize (you probably know all this).

When satisfied go to SmartSaver (not Save or Save As) in the File Menu.

Select the JPG tab and reduce the quality to about 50% and click the Save As Button on the dialogue box.

Give your file a name and make sure JPEG is visible in the Save as type field below File Name. Then hit save.

Now try uploading that one file to Bebo. ;)

Advertisement