Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has any boards memberes won anything in the WSOP Main event

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I've seen over the past few years people sell %'s of there play in the main event.

Has anyone got anything back ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

NeVeR wrote: »
    Hey guys.

I've seen over the past few years people sell %'s of there play in the main event.

I'd say its a fair assumption that most people from here who have cashed in the last while had a few percentage deals and swaps done. I'd actually be very surprised if they had 100% of their own action.

People aren't always going to broadcast what deals were done so you may not get many replies on this thread but I'd assume that 90% of the people on here who cashed for a few quid weren't the sole benefactors of their wins.

Also if you expand this query to include EPT/IO backing then you'd see a lot more people got money back from various people - the WSOP is mega variance afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭mormank

i got a t-shirt sayin 'i backed a boarsdie at the WSOP and all i got back was this lousy t-shirt' on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

rob taylor (norwich fan rob) cashed in the main event in 06. dont know if any1 had % of him. ud have to ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

Roundtower and kpnuts have main event cashes too iirc, not sure if they had sold %'s though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

pretty much all of us who cashed in 06 had some % out or swopped.
    from boards that would include me (47k), kp nuts (20k), roundtower (164ishk), smoothcall, robin lacey and im sure a few others i cant think of.
    a friend of mine had a decent % in someone who cashed for over $1m last year, so these investments can worth out well from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

hey Rob, how about a quick blog update from Vegas?

see u at the weekend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

just in from farely big night out with kp lacey and halibut, not reached the bed yet.
    havent played in 3 days, been out most nights. extravagent exs need to be recouped, been wining and dining in some top quality establishments, got a table in pure nightclub night b4 last and were treated to impromtu live performances by the killers, went to a few shows inc cirque de soleils, the beatles, love, which is very good.
    will update the blog soon, not too much too report, running bad in tourneys, and winning a bit in cash games , overall meh, but having a good time, house is nice, see u when u get over, give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

just in from farely big night out with kp lacey and halibut, not reached the bed yet.
    havent played in 3 days, been out most nights. extravagent exs need to be recouped, been wining and dining in some top quality establishments, got a table in pure nightclub night b4 last and were treated to impromtu live performances by the killers, went to a few shows inc cirque de soleils, the beatles, love, which is very good.
    will update the blog soon, not too much too report, running bad in tourneys, and winning a bit in cash games , overall meh, but having a good time, house is nice, see u when u get over, give us a shout.

Pure= hot women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

NeVeR wrote: »
    Yes.

Part of the pleasure was hearing from the player how his main concern was getting past the bubble in the ME to get something for his backers.

Its just like buying a lottery ticket. You are hoping your player gets hit by the deck about twenty times.

I like a gamble (Washington Irving for the Irish Derby on Sunday 42s on Betfair) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

man oh man i want to go to vegas.

the person who coaches me into a bankroll position to go to vegas comfortably gets half my winnings there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement