Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery in Galway

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

I'm looking for a bit of info on Archery in Galway. I believe there's a club called Galway Archers or something similar to that? For a total newbie what's the deal, as I live 50 miles from the city and work irregular hours I won't be able to make every meet. Do they have club gear that new people could try out? Do the require you to attend each meet or what? I've tendonitis at the moment so not in a position yet to do anything about it but no harm in asking :)

All the best,

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hi John,

Yup, Galway Archers train in GMIT. If you go to www.archery.ie and look up the clubs there you will find contact details. I have yet to identify an archery club with the power to take attendence names at training! Ya can usually come and go as you will!

Are you in Connemara? If so, take a look at a place in Mayo called flybow (I think the address is www.flybow.de), might be closer to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Suaimhneas

Hi there!
    The galway archer's train at the pitch across the road from the main GMIT campus.
    Its (weather permitting!) once a week -every wed from 5-8, pop down when you're ready.
    The club has its own stash of bows, arrows, safety gear - all a growing archer needs really so Paul can sort you out with any equipment you need.

Contact details are here http://www.archery.ie/club.html

But I’d just drop by whenever you can as Paul can be hard to get replies from!

Wouldn't worry about attending every session but as its outdoor's for the summer I'd hope for good weather when you do!!

Hope to hear from you soon!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

i agree with suaimhneas meet paul in person as he will forget any other form of contact.

and panserbrn im in connemara at the moment and galway archers is still the nearest club to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies :) Yes, I'm in Connemara, Galway will also be the nearest spot to me. Ballina, if I read that map right, is quite a distance away. I'll get in touch with Galway Archers when this tendonitis clears up :)

Thanks again,

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

hi all
    long time no see. well i have some free time again and really need to get back training. so was wondering if someone of gmit and nuig could post training times and places for me so i can go to a few.
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hi Alan,

Call in tomorrow if ya can, 4-6 in the furtherest court of the new hall.

Advertisement