Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm getting a SAD lamp.

Options
  • 26-06-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Right wonders of weather folk, I'm officially about to go loolaa. I'm getting my "summer" holidays on Monday and as far as I can see, I'd have been just a well off getting them in November. The only thing in June's favour is that the rain is now warmer.

Can anyone cast any sign of sun on this sham of a climate? Is July and August looking like a messy warm soggy disgrace?
    I actually think I'm getting properly down in the dumps because of lack of sun! I've spent every weekday evening this week completely energyless and sleepy.
    Imagine the disgust of a hibernating animal in Ireland when they wake up?

Sorry for the general questions, but I think a laymans explanation of some sort of... weather related optimism, might be nice.

/Rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

hehe, ya they look like the best option at this time:(

Next week as i see it is Monday = ok, bits of sun.
    rest of the week = showery.

looks like a mean system coming in Tuesday evening actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Damomanye wrote: »
    hehe, ya they look like the best option at this time:(

looks like a mean system coming in Tuesday evening actually.

The Jet Stream funnelling in some more atlantic storms for next week, expect buckets of rainfall, flood alerts warnings will be issued.

We have passed the solstace so officially the days are shortening now, lets hope the rest of July will bring some respite from this climatic calamity we call "irish summer"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm ready to kill, just not sure if it'll be me or someone else.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Were off to Canada for August, told the wife that the good news is that Ontario has more rain in August than Limerick (nearly double)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Oh Mike65 I so hear you!!! LOL I came on here for some hope..but none:(

Even a week in France 10-17th June wasn't much good, though had some awesome thunderstorms! I should post one of our clouds pics, awesome. Knowing my luck the drought will break in Oz in September when I'm back there!! LOL I can't believe I was getting sick of 38-40 degree days in Summer back home!! you do get sick of them after a few days, believe me.

So..does anyone really know anything about light therapy (other than going with the hordes to Spain!)

Advertisement