Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diference between T575 V T8300

Options
  • 26-06-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

On the new Dell Studio 15 I'm looking at buying, the standard processor is the T5750 (2.0 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache).

Do you think it's worth my while upgrading it to the T8300 (2.4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 3 MB L2 Cache) for €130 more?

I don't think i'll be doing too much serious gaming, more running poker apps and photoshop, champ manager etc.............
    Is there really a noticeable difference in the performance of these processors to justify the extra spend? Or might I regret not having the faster processor in a year or so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

For Photoshop I would say yes, faster CPU is better
    If you can, go for lower RAM, and upgrade the CPU, and once you can, upgrade the RAM, as they are getting really cheap.

Also the T8300 is 45nm vs the 65nm so less heat in the T8300

That is what I would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Cheers cave man,
    The RAM is only costing €50 to upgrade from 2GB to 4GB so I think i may as well just do it now. The whole system is coming to €823 if I include the T8300 with 4GB of RAM so I think it's a reasonable enough price.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭TheCaveman

http://www.intel.com/products/processor/core2duo/specifications.htm?iid=prod_core2duo+tab_spec

have a look at the link, and it shows you the diffrence.

If you can, go for the upgrade in CPU, as in few monthe you wont remember the extra 130 it cost, but be glad you did.

Advertisement