Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hayfever and Lenses

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

how are hayfever sufferers who wear lenses coping this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

When I used to wear contacts I'd just wear glasses for the majority of the pollen season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im trying to avoid using eye drops unless I really really need to. But i am finding that the eyes are a little bit dryer this time of year as i take anti-histamines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Not too good as the only eye drops that work for me (in relieving that horribly intense itch in the corners of my eyes) are not to be used with soft lenses. Plus eyes get really dry too. As soon as get enough cash together I'm having them laser me up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

thought i'd give this a bump seeing the time of year,

yeah have major irratations with my left eye, gets really hot and watery but thankfully the herbal hayfeveer stuff i'm on is helping.

Other than that i have on occasion changed my contacts during the day. inconvient and expensive but maybe worth it... maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

danniemcq wrote: »
    thought i'd give this a bump seeing the time of year,

yeah have major irratations with my left eye, gets really hot and watery but thankfully the herbal hayfeveer stuff i'm on is helping.

Other than that i have on occasion changed my contacts during the day. inconvient and expensive but maybe worth it... maybe

I'm finding this year a little worse than previous years actually (especially putting them in in the morning), although having spent all day in a heavily air-conditioned room today probably did not help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

did you try the optrex spray onto the closed eyes? seen it advertised on TV but haven't had a need for it yet, no air con at work at minute but moving tomorrow so time will tell!

Advertisement