Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas problem?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

About 10 minutes ago, I saw a lightening flash in Dundrum. Since then, there has been a Luas stopped on the tracks just before it goes under the office block at Ballally. There is also a Luas stopped at Dundrum station. Since I started typing this, people have started exiting the Luas. Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Doolittle51

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's probably been a power cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's probably been a power cut!

Perhaps, if there is, it is only on the Luas, the lightening didn't look to strike anything but perhaps it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Doolittle51

Lightening might have hit one of the overhead lines & caused a Luas-only power cut.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

from luas.ie

St Stephens Green disruption 11.00am

We would like to advise all passengers that services on the Green Line are severely disrupted today due to a technical fault. LUAS tickets are valid on Dublin Bus for the duration of this disruption. We are operating a restricted service between St Stephens Green and beechwood at the moment.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Aren't they supposed to have Diode arrestors for the traction current to protect against lightening strikes? I guess they can remotely turn on and off sections but I wouldn't be surprised if not.

• Advertisement

I'm not even sure it was lightening. There was a big lightening flash but it looked to be to the right of the Dundrum bridge. It was about 10 minutes later I noticed the Luas not running. Still not back either!

Seems to be running again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.luas.ie/travel-updates.php
    Travel updates

* LUAS Green Line services have been restored 26 June 2008 13.45pm 2008-06-26
    * Green Line Update 11-10am Green line service is currently only running between Stephens Green and Beechwood, tickets are still valid on Dublin Bus. 2008-06-26
    * Green line Services Disrupted Thursday 26 June Service has been suspended on the green line due to a technical fault, tickets are valid on dublin bus, we apologise for any inconvience cause 2008-06-26

Advertisement