Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroke Advice - RL - Cork

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

There are a lot of threads on here about how to improve stroke. Some great advice is coming out of it but it really is very difficult to give this type of advice on the internet. Anyway, I'm based in Cork. If anyone wants me to take a look at their stroke and give a couple of pointers, I am more than happy to do so. Unfortunately, last year I was based in Dublin where this might have been of more use to more people but maybe someone will find it of use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Clseeper

Agreed [re internet advice]. While we are all essentially working towards the same end point as a lot of the swimming strokes haven’t changed much in the last few years. But more importantly the recognized ‘perfect’ strokes haven’t changed much. Apart maybe from breaststroke which has seen a lot more emphasise being put on the fly like undulation and flow in the stroke.

What I’m trying to say is that it is beneficial and helpful to pick up tips and explanations from this forum but nothing can substitute individual analysis from someone else watching your stroke.

The whole problem with teaching yourself is was you think you are doing in the water, and what you are actually doing may be total different.

Advertisement