Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teelin- how to get there?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello wise Donegal People,

I'm heading up to Teelin next week for a few days (and looking madly forward to it) but I've run into an interesting problem, I can't figure out how the fup to get there. I'm coming up from Dublin and I thought Bus Eireann had a service that ran to Carrick or that I'd find another bus that brought me to Killybegs or somewhere nearby that I could muddle my way over from but it appears that it's a no for Carrick and a yes to Killybegs but only on a Friday. I'm probably being very dim (it's been known to happen) but does anyone know a public transport way from Dublin that would get me any way near? I'm going to do the rounds of ringing various coach companies tomorrow and asking them what the story is as well.

Sorry for treating yiz all like a glorified bus timetable, I'm just heading towards my wits end :) My boyfriend has supposedly been here before but any ways up he's suggested so far have turned out to be a little on the imaginary side, I may end up giving him a piggy back from Donegal Town.

Thanks a mil :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Check out McGeehan Travel in Fintown, don't have number handy but they operate from Dublin to South Sonegal. They also are aligned for this area to Bus Eireann but I gather they cover the area quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,887 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I know someone who lives in that area and if I can get my hands on them I will see what sort of bus service they have and post back here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Check out McGeehan Travel in Fintown, don't have number handy but they operate from Dublin to South Sonegal. They also are aligned for this area to Bus Eireann but I gather they cover the area quite well.
    McGeehan's operate a service from Letterkenny to Kilcar/Carrick as well. A taxi will be needed from Carrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Thanks a mill guys, much appreciated :)

Update- was talking to a nice guy in Mcgeehans and will be going Dublin- Donegal Town -Carrick and we'll figure stuff out from Carrick.

Really appreciate the pointers, helped a lot with the worry-wartism

• Registered Users Posts: 45,887 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There is a local Bus Eireann service from Donegal Town to Glencolmcille which runs via Carrick - TIMETABLE. Not a frequent service but it will get you to Carrick and Teelin is only a short distance after that.

Enjoy the break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement