Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for Design

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I am looking for a laptop that will run Dreamweaver / Fireworks / Streaming Radio / Outlook/ MSN messenger simultaneously.

I don't have a large budget - was looking at the Dell Vostro 1510 offer (Intel Duo Processor, 2MB Cache, Vista Home Basic, 1024 Ram, 160GB Sata HD, 15.4" Screen, Integrated Graphics, 8 x DVD, Intel Pro Wireless ...) for €329 exc vat & del.

Someone I know would not buy from Dell; anyone had any experiences with them? Is the above spec sufficient or has anyone any ideas?

And for some reason I really don't want to go to Vista just yet....

Many thanks,
    wildsaffy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, Dell have a bad reputation when it comes to customer care and after sales service.

You seem PC orientated but I would thoroughly recommend a second-hand Mac on ebay or a refurb on apple. You'd have to knock your budget up a couple hundred though. The Sony Vaio is a pretty slick machine but again I'd be avoiding Windows particulary when it comes to the work you're doing. Just an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Thanks, Passenger - down the line I would consider.

However, I have been brought up on Gates Milk :p and right now I am too busy to learn new stuff, just need something fast to churn out a few projects even while mobile.

Does anyone know anything about Lenovo? Saw some good prices on laptopsdirect.ie - not really familiar with the brand.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

wildsaffy wrote: »
    Thanks, Passenger - down the line I would consider.

However, I have been brought up on Gates Milk :p and right now I am too busy to learn new stuff, just need something fast to churn out a few projects even while mobile.

Does anyone know anything about Lenovo? Saw some good prices on laptopsdirect.ie - not really familiar with the brand.

:confused:
    Lenovo bought out IBM. Had one myself for six months, sold it a while back as I'm planning to get a Manbook Pro, but I was sad to see it go :(

Great machines, well worth the monies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Good to hear it Mirror ....

Saw a great bargain on a Lenovo for around €340 including vat - it has a dual processor - AMD I think - would prefer Intel but then again - I would prefer an Aston Martin but don't knock what you can afford!! :D

Advertisement