Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 1750 Poweredge Perc Missing firmware

Options
  • 25-06-2008 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

I flashed this server in a production environment (we have 2 other failover web servers which flashed perfectly fine this was the third to be flashed) to the latest firmware and now the Perc 4/Di card is causing the machine not to boot ("Raid controller firmware missing!!!"). I've come to the conclusion along with Dell that the embedded RAID card is fooked (cannot reflash etc.). Now is out of warranty so...

I dont want to have to replace the motherboard and all the RAID kit so i've decided to get an add in raid controller. Now what i want to know is where in Ireland or online i can get an internal RAID kit for a Dell 1750. I believe it is PCI Express. The guy in dell recomended a Perc 4/SC or Perc 4/DC. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion? I want to get this server back up soon.

If anyone has anything to suit also that would be cool.

Cheers,
    Opti

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Try ccl.co.uk
    or
    serversourcecity.co.uk

Advertisement